SENIOR LEVEL BUSINESS CONTINUITY MANAGER
Senior Level Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Manager with extensive experience in the planning and implementation of business continuity in the financial services industry. Have practical experience dealing with hurricanes, Sandy, Irene, Katrina and Rita; 9/11; blackouts and transit strikes. Key competencies include development of business continuity plans, project oversight, space planning, facilities management, strategic planning, training and conversion/acquisitions. Referred to as a “Fireman” due to ability to deal with crises and projects covering all aspects and divisions within the business. Detail and solutions oriented problem solver, resolving issues with persistence.
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, Field and Client Technology, New York, NY 2010 – 2013
Vice President; Business Management Office
Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Planning
Oversaw Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity for 5 locations and 450 staff in the Tri-State area. Identified needs and requirements of the business to ensure the ability to work with limited to no downtime.
- Developed, reviewed, updated and tested business unit continuity plans in concert with IT System owners and site/business unit coordinators for approximately 90 applications and 5 sites in the Tri State area.
- Created and disseminated instructional guidance for development, maintenance and testing of recovery plans and other continuity related information to IT system owners and Business Unit coordinators.
- Planned, managed and coordinated building outage simulation tests, contingency site exercises and technology recovery tests working with senior managers and IT system owners (4-6 tests per year).
- Provided instruction and guidance for IT system owners for the development, maintenance and testing of technical recovery plans on an annual basis or as systems were modified.
- Oversaw business continuity events: Hurricane’s Sandy and Irene.
- Managed facilities/real estate, including identifying and coordinating procurement of space and restacking.
- Liaised with corporate real estate on staffing plans and needs.
- Oversaw the review and maintenance of proprietary MSSB systems to ensure that they are kept up to date.
- Developed tools for tracking Training and Compliance completion.
- Oversaw entitlements reviews, audits and RADAR for organization.
Fidelity Investments, Institutional Product Group, New York, NY 2008 – 2009
Vice President; Project Management
Reported to divisional Chief Administrative Officer. Managed facilities/real estate across the US and Canada.
- Identified and coordinated procurement of space for new sites and/or maintained current location within the firm where leases were set to expire.
- Oversaw the movement of staff within and between new and existing sites.
- Liaised with corporate real estate group on staffing plans and needs.
- Reviewed business continuity requirements for new locations.
- Developed semi-annual process to identify and review staffing 5 year plans and business requirements.
- Made more efficient use of space in Boston location by restacking space due to staff reductions.
- Oversaw the build out of new space in Toronto for new clearing business.
BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON, Global Corporate Trust, New York, NY 2006 – 2008
(Bank of New York acquired JPMorgan’s Institutional Trust Services Division in 2006)
Vice President; Divisional Business Continuity Coordinator (2006-2008)
Identified needs and requirements of business units as they related to disaster recovery/business continuity for 35 sites and over 1000 staff worldwide. Coordinated with Corporate Business Continuity and Technology to secure appropriate contingency facilities and services.
- Developed, reviewed, updated and tested business unit continuity plans in concert with site/business unit coordinators whenever significant changes occurred or on a annual basis.
- Created and disseminated instructional guidance for development, maintenance and testing of recovery plans and other continuity related information to Business Unit coordinators.
- Planned and coordinated building outage simulation tests, contingency site exercises and technology recovery tests working with business unit/site coordinators and IT department.
- Provided instruction and guidance for Coordinator’s development, maintenance and testing of recovery plans.
Facilities Space Planning
- Identified and coordinated procurement of space for new sites and liaised with corporate real estate on staffing plans and needs across the United States
Conversion Acquisition team.
- Worked on JPMorgan Corporate Trust acquisition responsible for Disaster Recovery and coordinating technology issues.
- Provided support for system conversions data consolidation and business continuity planning.
JPMORGAN CHASE & CO., Institutional Trust Services, Client Services 1994 – 2006
Vice President; Chief of Staff Office/Project Management Office (1997-2006)
Oversaw Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity for 23 locations across the US. Managed development of business continuity plans for these locations and maintaining call trees for the staff, approximately 740 people worldwide.
- Developed the test scripts and coordinated the staff for the annual DR tests across the US, approximately 4-6 tests per year.
- Developed catastrophe plans (i.e. Avian Flu) to ensure all services would continue and emphasized work at home capability which could be used for future catastrophe planning.
- Hurricanes Katrina and Rita – Worked with impacted offices to ensure that the staff was able to work at remote locations as well as rebuild the New Orleans’s office
- Managed the following events: 2002/2005 NYC Transit Strikes; NYC Blackout 2002; September 11, 2001.
Tactical Project Team
- Worked on and resolved issues that crossed multiple lines of business.
- Implemented Business Transformation development project to create “Centers of Excellence”
- Crafted and executed project plans utilized to resolve outstanding issues, mitigate risk in response to regulatory findings and improve the control environment
- Developed methodology and process for scanning/imaging account files for US based Conventional Debt business
- Prepared, launched and monitored trust account clean-up effort for U.S. based Conventional Debt and Structured Finance businesses, approximately 16,000 accounts
- Trained and coordinated technology issues on 6 acquisitions.
- Provided training on various applications and procedures to the new staff.
- Oversaw the selection and build-out of 26 new locations and consolidation of 8 existing sites related to the 6 acquisitions to ensure they met business requirements.
Facilities Space Planning
- Oversaw approximately 38 locations including identifying and coordinating procurement of space for new facilities across the US.
- Oversaw the movement of staff within and between existing sites
- Worked with business and developers on the design and creation of new applications
- Worked on the roll out of new applications and desktop models to the business
- Performed Quality Assurance testing on new and existing applications
Relationship Administrator, Service Delivery, Conventional Debt (1996 – 1997)
Billing Analyst, Food Services (1994 – 1996)
MBA, Financial Management, Pace University
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, State University at Albany
Certificate in Information Management, New York University
International Center of Photography
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Lightroom